Shipping & Returns
Delivery / Shipping Policy
• Customer are charged actual shipping charges, received directly from USPS direct quotes per order, based on weight of total order. Shipping charges will be adjusted or reimbursed if the shopping cart quote was more than the actual shipping.
• Please allow up to 2 weeks for delivery.
• Back-ordered items will be shipped as soon as available. You will be notified within 24 hours if any part of your order is back-ordered, and will be given an estimate of delivery date.
• Items ordered together may be shipped separately.
• In-stock orders are shipped via USPS from Bar Harbor, Maine. Tracking numbers will be provided when available.
• Oversized orders may incur additional shipping charges, which will be noted on the product information page.
• Incorrect or undeliverable addresses and refused shipments resulting in an item being “returned to shipper” will be charged for actual shipping fees.
• Undeliverable packages which require reshipment at the customer’s request, are subject to a reshipment charge equivalent to the original shipping fees. This includes refusal of a package, unclaimed packages, or misinformation on the part of the customer. Should we be unable to reach the customer for resolution, a 25% restocking charge will be apply and store refund will be issued for the balance Shipping and handling is non-refundable.
In the event you would like to request a rush order on any of the items at Bark Harbor, please send us an email to email@example.com. We will do whatever we can to accommodate you.
Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, APO/FPO Shipping
Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii or Canada may require additional Shipping charges. We will contact you and let you know what those additional charges will be.
• You may return any unused items purchased at Bark Harbor within 30 days of the original delivery.
• The Merchandise Return Form can be found here – Bark Harbor Return Form
• Please note that in order to return an item it must be in original packaging with tags attached, unused and in sellable condition. This means there can not be wear or tear on the item, to include any hair, dirt, stains, or smells.
• We will pay the return shipping costs if the product is defective or the return is a result of our error. The Uncommon Hound will send you a shipping label via email, and will not be responsible for shipping charges incurred when not using our return labels.
• If the item is returned for any other reason you are responsible for the return shipping amount.
• We will credit you in the same manner as your original payment within 14 days of receiving the returned item.
• We will honor manufacturers return policies which extend beyond our own.
• Shipping and handling charges are not refundable.
• For your protection, please return your items with an insured courier (FedEx, UPS, USPS Parcel Post) and retain your receipt. The Uncommon Hound is not responsible for items damaged or lost in transit.
• Some of our items are custom ordered or not eligible for returns/exchanges. This will be noted on the product information page.
• No returns will be accepted after 30 days.
All beds, mats, blankets and carseats are FINAL SALE. No exchanges or returns will be accepted, no exceptions! This policy has been implemented due to health reasons and dogs’ adversions and tendencies to mark products that have the scent of another animal on them. Additionally, personalized items are not eligible for return.
Ship authorized returns to the following address:
150 Main Street Bar Harbor, Me 04609
• The customer is responsible for shipping charges on exchanges that are not the result of store error. Please measure carefully! If in doubt as to the correct size, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
• Please return your package insured, trackable and PREPAID. We encourage you to protect yourself from loss or theft by insuring the return shipment and saving the receipt for your records. We regret that we will not be able to issue credit or refund for any item that is lost or damaged in return shipping.
Please include a printed copy of your order confirmation email and and the Merchandise Return Form in your package. The Merchandise Return Form can be found here – Bark Harbor Return Form
If you do not have the order confirmation email, please include the following information with your return:
• Your name and billing address.
• The name, address and zip code of the person who placed the order, if it was a gift.
• The original purchase price and approximate date of the purchase.
• The Merchandise Return Form
If you would like another item in exchange quickly, you can put in a new order for it immediately. You will be paying cost plus shipping, but will receive a refund of the cost of the order less shipping when we receive the the item you are exchanging.
For questions regarding our return policy please contact us with our Contact Form or call 207-288-0404.
Orders can be cancelled by contacting us by website form or email within 24 hours of placing your online order. At that point, customers will be given store credit to be used in the online store or at our Bar Harbor location.